Monday 23 November 2009

Organic Cherry Beer


Okay the last Sams beer of the night. After the tastebuds being overwhelmed with the stouts earlier have decided that something different can only bring them back. Step forward Sam Smith's Organic Cherry Beer at 5.1% ABV and available in a 330 ml bottle. Brewed at Sam's other brewery, the Melbourne Brothers brewery in Stamford, Lincolnshire and blended and bottled at the Old Brewery in Tadcaster, this is an interesting addition to the range. A cherry red colour of this organic beer leads to an intense aroma of, well cherries, think Black Forest Gateux in a glass. The taste is again of cherries with a swoop of flavour over the tongue. This is not a sweet beer though, the bitterness of the cherries comes through very well. A beer to cook deserts with I think or even as a marinade, for venison I think. Right off to poach a deer.

2 comments:

Annette Strauch said...

Hi there from Machynlleth. I love good beer. I have never tried a cherry beer. Do you get Welsh cherry beer? I drink Tomos Watkins and Penylon beer which we can buy from Harry Tuffin's. Please take a look at my blog. I am reading yours regularly. Hwyl am y tro, Annette - CHEERS or IECHYD DA!

Brew Wales said...

Annette. Thanks for the feedback.
I do not tend to drink cherry beer - the one that night was the first for years. Don't think any Welsh brewers produce cherry beers - Penlon do one with seasonal fruits.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails