Ember Inns may be a part of the Mitchells and Butlers giant pub company but at least during November they are running a beer festival. Entitled NovEmber the following beers will be available in their pubs:
- Thornbridge Wild Swan white gold pale ale 3.5%
- Stonehenge Old Smokey malty and dark 5%
- Project Green - the freshest beer in the land 4.5%
- Davenport's Fox's Nob deep copper ale 4.4%
- St. Austell Black Prince fruity black mild 4%
- Brewdog Trashy Blonde statuesque fruity ale 4.1%
- Copper Dragon Black Gold a 19th century recipe, 3.7%
- Liberation Ale all the way from Jersey, 4.0%
- Fraoch Heather Ale, with real heather, 5%
- Alton's Pride, Champion at the Great British Beer Festival 3.8%
- Wolf Brewery Granny Wouldn't Like It, fruity and dark red, 4.8%
- Rampant Gryphon, sip gently, 6.2%!
The full tasting notes are available at the bar in a full colour A5 leaflet or as a PDF here.
Unfortunately there are only 2 Ember Inns in South Wales and both are in Cardiff the Old Cottage and the Deri:
View Larger MapOld Cottage, Cherry Orchard Road, Lisvane, Cardiff, CF14 0UE
View Larger Map
Deri Inn, Heol-Y-Deri, Rhiwbina, Cardiff, CF14 6UH
For thos readers in North Wales the Acton Park in Wrexham is also an Ember Inn
Check out the Ember Inns website for pubs near to you.