Tuesday 29 June 2010

Tom Jones drinks Welsh Beer!

From the Independent in Ireland


Sir Tom Jones has said he still enjoys a taste of the green, green grass of home despite his Los Angeles lifestyle.

The Welsh singing legend - who turned 70 this month - said it was not unusual to be able to get his hands on imported British beers nowadays.

He told the TV Times: "I was never interested in drugs because I've always liked a drink. I love the taste of British beer; you know, real beer on tap. I don't want someone pouring me a drink of something that I don't know. And I think that with drugs it's like that. I wouldn't want to take a chance on something where I don't know what the effect will be."

The ale-loving crooner said: "Nowadays they import quite a lot of British beer and you can even get Welsh beer. They haven't got Brains yet but I'm drinking Felinfoel Double Dragon and it's great.

"It's the closest thing you can get to Wales without actually going there."

Sir Tom said fellow Welshman and Stereophonics singer Kelly Jones had a nickname for him, due to a habit not normally associated with giants of rock 'n' roll.

He said: "I do enjoy a drink but if I've got to do something the following day then I've got to get my eight hours sleep.

"In Wales we call everyone by their nicknames, like I'm 'Jones the Voice' and Kelly Jones from Stereophonics has got a new one for me. He calls me 'Tommy Eight Hours'."

:: The full interview appears in the latest issue of the TV Times.


(Via the Independent (Eire) and the PA)

Now Sir Tom's hometown, though it may not look the same when he steps down off the train, has a brewery to beat all others, the Otley Brewery and the Bunch of Grapes, now how difficult will it be to get a case or two over to Sir Tom so he can try out the best beer in Wales?
Or will he be a guest brewer at the bewery following in the steps of Glynn and Melissa?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails