According to the British Beer & Pub Association, 2099 pubs have closed since the non-drinking Jockaracy that runs this country put up the tax on beer last year. The Temperance Movement would be proud of Darling and Brown, able to cause more damage to pubs and communities than anyone since the Luftwaffe.
Anyway our Friends at the Axe the Beer Tax campaign have done this little tax calculator for you all to see how much tax we are paying on pints.
The 5 demands of the Campaign are:
- To stop plans to increase beer tax by up to a third
- To enforce existing laws – not create new ones - to deal firmly with irresponsible drinkers and premises
- To end the irresponsible promotion of alcohol in supermarkets, pubs and elsewhere
- To trust responsible adults to make informed choices about what they drink, not punish them for the actions of an irresponsible minority
- To support the British pub as a vital part of social life in local communities.
Go onto the Axe the Beer Tax website, enter your postcode and lobby your MP.