Last year the Great Welsh Beer & Cider Festival was a financial disaster when it was held at the Millennium Stadium with the venue proving to be unpopular with hundreds of CAMRA members and the public who all complained about it. Well that's what happens when a bouncer is allowed to run a beer festival!
Well CAMRA listened to the complaints and decided that by moving to the Depot on Dumballs Road, about 10-15 minutes walk from Cardiff Central station we could address all of the complaints with a Back to Basics beer festival. So with that in mind, CAMRA will have
- Souvenir glasses, no plastic at the Depot!
- Readable signage on the barrels so customers can see what they order!
- An excellent selection of street food, no overpriced poor quality stadium grub here!
- An emphasis on the quality of real ale served, with no barrels being rolled out, tapped and served cloudy just because a brewer wants to sell their beer
- No CAMRA stewards threatening to throw members of the press out when they rightfully complain about poor beer quality
- No beer from the Llandeilo Village Idiot who, according to reports supplied sub-standard beer late to the recent Carmarthen Beer Festival, then removed it as it had not settled!
22 Dumballs Road