on camera by Maciej's photographs here.
A bit of history regarding the site:
There is a building on this site on Speed's map of 1610 when it was next to the river and by the nineteenth century the town slaughterhouse was on this site. In the latter part of the nineteenth century the cattle market that was sited opposite, where the multi-storey car park is today, moved to Canton and the slaughterhouse was demolished with the building we see today replacing it. Originally this building was the house of the town and later in 1905 city treasurer and the small barred windows on the Womanby Street side once held the strongroom.
There are also plans to rename the pub, with names such as the Slaughterhouse not being considered!
Good luck to Tiny Rebel with this venture, this part of Cardiff is fast becoming the craft beer quarter with the City Arms opposite and Zero Degrees just around the corner.